Sig's Simple Rogan Josh.
You create steaming spoil Sig's Simple Rogan Josh adopting 19 technique furthermore 2 including. Here you go fulfill.
ingredients of Sig's Simple Rogan Josh
- You need 1 kg of grams lean rolled shoulder of lamb, cut into chunks,.
- You need 2 inch of piece of fresh ginger, finely grated.
- Prepare 2-3 pieces of fresh ginger.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of ghee and fat rendered from lanb.
- Prepare 3 of onions.
- It's 6 of cardamom pod, green, slightly bashed open.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of cinamon (you could use cinnamon sticks) or and/or.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of medium curry powder.
- It's 3 of cloves.
- It's 1 teaspoon of cumin seed.
- It's 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- It's 3 tablespoons of water.
- You need 2 of small dried bayleaf or 3 fresh.
- It's 5 tablespoons of tomato puree.
- Prepare 145 grams of greek style joghurt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala.
- Prepare of To season, salt, pepper and fresh coriander.
- You need of To serve basmati rice.
Sig's Simple Rogan Josh separately
- Grate ginger and garlic, set aside. Cut meat of rolled shoulder into big chunks, brown from all sides in batches in the ghee, rendering down fat, remove meat from pan. Chop onions roughly soften them in the same pan, add the ginger and garlic, heat through, remove onions from pan. Add all the dried spices up to and including cayenne pepper. Heat until aromatic, do not fry or burn, remove from pan. Add with meat, water, bayleaf and tomato puree into slow cooker. Set on high..
- Stir thoroughly and cook for at least 6 hours on high or until soft and tender but still in chunks. Mix together the joghurt with a few tablespoons of cooking liquid stir into the curry, then add garam masala. Cook for further 30 minutes on low heat, remove cinnamon sticks if using and the cloves..