My family love veg curry. This easy chicken curry for kids is loaded with veggies thanks to a little trick I do involving a can of coconut milk and raw cauliflower. It's absolutely loved by my three kiddos so is a regular on my meal roster. Try making our warming vegetarian curry recipes for a simple family-sized feast.
You can turn up the heat or skip on the spice depending. This is my family's all time favourite curry. Originally this was an Afghani chicken curry - I ended up reducing the amount of chicken & adding chickpeas, potatoes & peas to. You succeed roasting doctor My family love veg curry using 21 prescription as a consequence 4 also. Here is how you consummate.
technique of My family love veg curry
- You need of potatoes.
- It's of brocolli.
- Prepare of carrots.
- You need of mixed frozen veg.
- You need of frozen peas.
- It's of Oil.
- You need of red onions.
- Prepare of garlic.
- You need of medium sized pieces of ginger.
- You need of green chillies.
- Prepare of red dried chillies.
- Prepare of fresh tomatoes.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of chilli powder.
- You need of turmeric powder.
- You need of on jeera powder.
- It's of kasturi methi.
- You need of garam masala.
- It's of double cream.
- It's of fresh chopped coriander.
- Prepare of Cumin seeds.
If you want to add more veggies, please feel free to do so. Frozen okra also works well in this dish, as does fresh spinach added at the very last minute. Stir in the spinach and the cooked tofu cubes and cook for another minute. If your sauce is too thin, add one teaspoon of corn starch, which you stir into one tablespoon of water.
My family love veg curry gradually
- So start by boiling the veg in the steamer. Whilst this is happening get a pan add 1 tablespoon of oil then add the garlic ginger and green chillies. Let these simmer for 2 mins then add the red chillies. After 2 mins add the onions and tomatoes and leave them for 5 mins until they become soft. Then let this cool..
- Next step is to grind the mixture above into a paste so there are no onions or lumps. Then leave the mixture aside..
- Then take a tablespoon of oil in the pan add cumin seeds let them sizzle then add the turmeric powder chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon each with the kasturi methi. Let this simmer for 2 mins then add the mixture previously prepared add some water if it feels too thick. Then add the vegetables and mix them together..
- Then add salt chilli powder turmeric powder and jeera powder. Then mix all this then add the cream to give a lovely texture. To finish off sprinkle the garam masala and sprinkle the fresh coriander. Tastes yummy with rice or naan bread....😊.
Directions: In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables, chick peas, coconut milk, lemon juice and soy sauce. I have to call this a Durban Mixed Vegetable Curry, as you all know Durban curries are unique. When I get requests for curries from my followers they specify that it must be the cooked like a Durban Curry. Luckily I am not new to cooking Durban curries, it's what I grew up eating and my mum always helps me out when I am stuck with a recipe.