SATE AYAM (CHICKEN SATAY). Satay (/ˈsæteɪ/ SA-tay, /ˈsɑːteɪ/ SAH-tay), or sate in Indonesian and Malay spelling, is a Southeast Asian dish of seasoned, skewered and grilled meat, served with a sauce. Called "Satay Ayam" in Malaysian language, any real foodies who have been to the entire Southeast Asia region will agree they are the best! While Thai chicken sate are tasty, they are inferior to the scrumptious and rich flavors of Malaysian chicken satay.
Try this Sate Ayam - Chicken Satay recipe, or contribute your own. Via: Andrew Healy A very simplified version for people who dont have a barbeque grill Squeeze lime juice onto diced chicken. Sate Ayam (chicken satay) of Indonesia is prepared from chicken marinated in a mixture of coriander, turmeric, lemongrass, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper combined with an Indonesian sweet soy sauce. You make toasting brew SATE AYAM (CHICKEN SATAY) applying 12 ingredients so 5 along with. Here you are rack up.
process of SATE AYAM (CHICKEN SATAY)
- You need 1 of Chicken breast.
- You need of Sweet soy sauce.
- It's of Salt.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- You need of For peanut sauce.
- It's of Pressed Peanut paste.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlics.
- You need 1 of red onion medium size.
- Prepare 2 of chillies.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Palm sugar.
Malaysian satay is prepared by blending shallots. Toss chicken in marinade, then thread on skewers. Sprinkle salt on Satay before grilling. Condiments: Sliced red onion or shallots and limes.
SATE AYAM (CHICKEN SATAY) process
- Cube the chicken, thread chicken onto skewer and Marinated with salt,sweet soy sauce, black pepper. Marinated it for minimum 1 hour.
- For peanut sauce. Put peanut paste, garlic, onion, chilli in blender.
- Put in the pan and add enough water. Cook and stir until it boil and become sauce mixture.
- Grilled the chicken. Dont forget to keep checking and turn occasionally. To better taste brush them with peanut sauce.
- Serve with rice.
Suggestions to Eat: With rice or just plain chicken Satay (Sate Ayam). Satay Ayam (Chicken Satay) generally consists of chunks or slices of meat on bamboo or coconut leaf spine skewers, which are grilled over a wood or charcoal fire. Satay (also written saté) is a dish that may have originated in Sumatra or Java, Indonesia. Based on the wonderful sate ayam found years ago at the long gone Rice Table restaurant in San Rafael, California. Chicken satay refers to skewered chicken marinated with spices and grilled to perfection.