Spinach, Tofu and Filo Pie (Vegan!). Mouthwatering Vegan Spinach and Mushroom Pie Recipe. by Julie Nealon Quiche is a big brunch favorite at my house. It's a very versatile dish and can be served for pretty much any meal.
Easy mini spinach pies, made with vegan tofu feta and filo dough for a simple appetizer that works for almost everyone. Spinach Pies - an easy vegan appetizer Filo (aka phyllo) dough is already vegan, made with just flour, water, and a little oil and usually vinegar. But other than grappling with spinach, this recipe is easy as pie (coincidentally) so please do not think twice about trying it. You effect brewing poach Spinach, Tofu and Filo Pie (Vegan!) proving 13 ingredients and 5 as a consequence. Here is how you produce.
process of Spinach, Tofu and Filo Pie (Vegan!)
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 1 of Leek, Finely Chopped.
- Prepare 2 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 300 g of Fresh Spinach.
- Prepare 200 g of Tofu, drained and pressed. (I used smoked).
- You need 50 g of Breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- You need of Lemon Zest.
- You need 2 tsp of Garlic Granules.
- It's 2 tsp of Oregano.
- It's 1 tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Nutmeg.
- You need 1 Pack of Filo Pastry.
For the filling you can either use tofu or almond feta. Begin by layering one phyllo sheet, then brushing with melted vegan margarine and olive oil (using a pastry brush if you have one; if you don't just use your cleaned fingers). Spanakopita is a traditional Greek savory pie recipe made with a golden, crispy phyllo (filo) pastry and a soft filling of spinach and feta. This is one of the most famous Greek comfort foods that you will encounter all around Greece, especially in bakeries and even restaurants.
Spinach, Tofu and Filo Pie (Vegan!) process
- Heat up 2 table spoons of olive oil. Add the finely chopped leek and cook for a few minutes, until soft..
- Add the garlic, paprika and spinach (it helps to add to add a handful at a time). Cook down until it is very soft, stirring constantly (for about 5 minutes). When it is cooked leave to cool. You might need to press some of the liquid out of the spinach if it is very runny, I recommend you keep the liquid in case you need it later (it has lots of flavour)..
- Mash up the tofu. Add the garlic granules, oregano, balsamic vinegar, nutmeg and lemon zest. Then add the spinach mixture and the breadcrumbs, season with the salt and pepper. Here you will be able to tell if you need to add any liquid back to the mix..
- Pre-heat the oven to 190c (gas mark 5). Grease a tin and line it with filo pastry, you can brush a little olive oil between the pastry sheets. When you get halfway add the spinach mixture. Spread it so the mix is a few centimetres from the edge. Add the remaining pastry on top and brush with the remaining oil..
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes, until the filling is piping hot the pasty is golden-brown..
This spinach pie is usually baked in large trays and it has the shape of a long roll, but it's not uncommon to. Chickpea Spinach Pie with Berbere Spice. Easy Chickpea Spinach Pastry for holidays Vegan puff pastry. Use Lentils, spices or blends of choice. You can use this filling with filo as well.