Tomato Apple Jam – Healthy Jam. Difficulty: Comments: Ask an adult to help you make this, as the jam gets dangerously hot when it's cooking! Quarter fill the jar with cold water, dip in your fingers and run your damp fingers completely around the jar. Once you've got the tomatoes chopped, everything goes into a heavy-bottomed pot and boils until thickened.
Sweet and thick jam with a touch of cinnamon and black pepper. Tomato Apple Jam is a delicious combination of vegetable and fruit. Both tomato and apple have a good amount of pectin. You organize toasting brew Tomato Apple Jam – Healthy Jam practicing 7 technique furthermore 3 as well as. Here you are make hay.
modus operandi of Tomato Apple Jam – Healthy Jam
- You need 4 of Apple.
- It's 6 of Tomato.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- It's 3/4 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 of Juice of lemon.
Pectin is a naturally occurring substance that makes jellies gel. To ensure that your tomato jam doesn't burn use a dutch oven and stir the jam often. Much different than a Savory Tomato Jam, which reminds me of a tomato sauce that's overly thick, this sweet tomato jam is earthy and tangy and sticky and sweet. You simply stir together the tomatoes, sugar and spices then cook down for a bit until it's thick, sticky and….well, sweet.
Tomato Apple Jam – Healthy Jam in succession
- Wash the tomatoes under running water. Boil them in a deep bottomed saucepan on high flame with 1 cup of water for 5 minutes (covered). Once done, take out the tomatoes and peel the skin, chop them into small pieces. Cut apple into small pieces (with skin). Put chopped apples, chopped boiled tomato, and cinnamon powder into a deep saucepan with 3/4 cup of water. Cook, it covered for 10 minutes on medium-high flame..
- Switch off the flame and allow to cool down completely. Put boiled apple, and tomato into a grinder. Now make a smooth puree. It yields 2 cups of puree. Now add sugar and cook on medium-low flame for 10 minutes. Now add black pepper powder and mix well. Once jam starts to thickens switch off the flame. Allow jam to cool down completely. Now add lemon juice and mix well. Yummy Tomato Apple Jam is ready to serve..
- Tips: Lift jam with a spatula and pour jam, it should flow together and not in drops. Pour few drops of prepared jam on a plate if it spreads then it’s not ready if it stays firm without moving then the jam is ready. Allow jam to cool completely. Then store in a clean and dry glass jar. Keep jam in the refrigerator after every use. Use a clean and dry spoon. It last long for 3 months..
Tomato and Green Apple Jam Sweet and thick with a kick of heat, this jam tastes great with grilled chicken or fish, dolloped on fried eggs, or spread on toast with sharp cheddar cheese. Taste and adjust seasoning, then cool and refrigerate until ready to use; this will keep at least a week. Sweet and thick with a touch of cinnamon spicy, this green tomato jam with apples is a delicious way to use up end of the season green tomatoes. This yummy tomato jam recipe is great to use on chicken and steaks or just spread on toast in the morning next to a hot cup of tea or coffee. Green Tomato Jelly How to make Easy Sweet and Spicy Tomato Jam: Remove the core from the tomatoes and roughly chop.