Milky rice pudding. Rice Pudding Easy, delicious, decadent rice pudding with a caramel-pecan topping. One bite and you'll be transported to another plane of existence. This Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding tastes just like the KozyShack Rice Pudding I like to buy at the grocery store, only better since it is made from all natural ingredients.
Give it a good stir, then place the pan on a very low heat. Loosen the rice pudding with an extra splash of milk before serving, if needed. Sprinkle in the nutmeg and top with the bay leaf or lemon zest. You cook grilling sear Milky rice pudding employing 12 modus operandi as a consequence 9 together with. Here is how you sew up.
ingredients of Milky rice pudding
- Prepare 1 of and quater rice blended frozen defrosted...(see fr other recip.
- It's of Cardamon pods seeds crushed.
- Prepare of Almonds.
- It's of Milk(see from notes),as added as go along.
- You need of Honey (see notes.
- Prepare of Vanilla (notes).
- Prepare of Suger(see notes.
- You need of Cream/evaporated milk/condenced milk(optional).
- It's of Water(see from notes) as added as go along.
- It's of Garnish pistachios,raisins almonds food color(optional).
- You need of Orange rind optional.
- Prepare of Raisins(optional).
Stir in the maple syrup and turn off the heat. Allow rice pudding to cool and thicken even more before serving. This is the real thing - a mass of creamy rice and a thick brown speckled nutmeg skin. Don't forget to take a sharp knife and scrape off all the bits of caramelised skin that stick to the edges - my grandmother always did that and gave everyone an equal amount.
Milky rice pudding modus operandi
- Rince the broken up rice and discard water.also prep the iliki pods by putting in baking paper /liners and smash down using wooden grinder.
- Add these smashed iliki to the rice in a cooking pan,add a cup of water to th rice to start cooking it.let cook briefly,until rice is dry again.add butter 2 tablespoon.
- Some other ingredients...honey and pistachio nuts (and some food color at end for decor not included in pic).Add half cup more water if needed.add the vanila 1 - 2 tablespoon.stir well frequently as if nasonga ugali /stirring fufu dough(.
- Start aiding 1 cup milk.stir..cook more on low heat.add white suger 3 table spoons..see the consistancy (in pic,with the spoon).
- Add honey 2 table spoons,then add the 3/4 powdered milk and suger mix (left over from making evaporated milk).this was with 6 tablespoons of milk powder and half cup water.the mixture starts to thicken almost doubling it's quantity.stir in and continue on low heat.
- Add another 3/4 cup of milk.
- Add another quater until the pan used almost full.see ingreds list for totals of milk and water etc.cook further until thickened.
- Can add more not if prefer.or raisins or both or leave all out!pour into serving bowl decorate with nuts and food color at centre only.....drizzle around with little honey.can serve warm but chilled is more refreshing cover surface with touching cling film with surface of pudding! and to help not to form thick cover on surface of the pudding..bismillah enjoy!.
- Pls note Rice spoils fast in heat wether esp.and uncooked wet rice can cause serious illness.
You can now watch how to make Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding in our Cookery Directions. Place first four ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Despite what you might think, milk makes for a creamier end product. Medium-grain white rice is the best choice, too; however, you can use arborio or short-grain white rice in a pinch. It will make a thicker, stickier rice pudding.