Sticky chicken and pilau rice. Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high. By using quick-cooking basmati rice, the dish becomes a hearty main course. The rice cooks in the vegetable broth, and stays nice and fluffy through the process.
My family loves rice and I cook it often for it. Either as a plain side for other dishes like the Hungarian Pepper and Tomato Stew, the Quick Fricassee with Leftover Turkey and Mushrooms or the Pumpkin Turkey Curry with Coconut Milk and Turmeric or in the form of a pilaf - the way my. This is now officially my go-to Chicken Pilau recipe that I will now make with my eyes closed. You look after stewing braise Sticky chicken and pilau rice using 10 ingredients moreover 3 furthermore. Here is how you make hay.
ingredients of Sticky chicken and pilau rice
- Prepare 8 of skin on chicken thighs.
- You need of Honey.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- It's 1 of red pepper.
- It's 1 of onion.
- You need 250 g of basmati rice.
- Prepare 600 ml of chicken stock.
- It's 1 of ripe mango.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare pinch of chilli powder.
My husband really enjoyed this one. The game changer in this is the ghee. Legitimately, using ghee will transform your Chicken Pilau. Every grain of rice was moist and buttery… just what I like in my rice.
Sticky chicken and pilau rice ingredients
- I made a mango jam by cutting the mango into tiny cubes and cooking them on a simmer with enough water to cover. Then a big squeeze of honey and half the juice from the lemon. I added a pinch of chilli powder and salt and pepper. I reduced it down for almost an hour and then mashed the jam with a masher once cooked. I left it to cool..
- Then in a wok I added the diced onion and some strips of red pepper and rice. I cooked this in a drizzle of oil and then added homemade chicken stock, some salt and pepper and a pinch of chilli and put a large lid over the top. I left it to simmer until the rice went fluffy and fluffed it with a fork..
- At the same time as the rice was simmering, I lined a baking tray with greaseproof paper and put the chicken thighs into a hot oven for approx 8 mins. Then turned them over to skin side up and brushed over my homemade mango jam then popped them back to the oven for another 10/12 mins until bubbling and sticky. I served the chicken on top of the rice and sprinkled with fresh parsley and a lemon wedge. It was gorgeous!!.
Chicken rice pilaf is something my mom used to make often, if not on a weekly basis. Pilaf is just a rice dish usually cooked down with broth and some spices. I like to make mine nice and creamy, with sweet green peas and tender carrots to add some color and flavor. Homemade Chicken Jalfrezi in a deliciously thick, spicy sauce. I love this for a quick weeknight meal when I'm craving a good curry.